Foreverest Resources, China-based global supplier of pine chemicals, has discussed the vital role of plant extracts for antibiotic-free feed additive formulation solution
Application of plant extracts for feed additives:
· Broad-spectrum antimicrobial property and antiviral
· Antioxidant and Cleared freedom base
· Heal digestive system, treat diarrhoea and increase feed intake and feed returns
· Reduce inflammation and stimulate milk secretion
· Improve meat quality
For a long time, the Chinese market for animal feed was borrowing innovation ideas from the classical medicines. Chinese medicine results in the therapeutic values of plants and the feed manufactures use the herbs as feed additives for improving livestock resistance. The active ingredients of plant show broad-spectrum antimicrobial property and antioxidant performance on animal feeding that improve the gastrointestinal functions and livestock resistance. With the increasing severity of food safety in the world, the antibiotic-free formulations have become the future market trend of the global animal health market.
Plant extracts are the deep application based on the chemical composition analysis on plants. Prepared high purity essential oils (EOs) and monomer from herbs effect on animals effective and healthy non-toxic. The feed additives even improve the flavouring of feed and increase the appetite of livestock.
EOs are the one of key material for feed additives, which fully retain the natural compounds. For example, Eucalyptus oil rich in 1.8- Cineole (CAS 470-82-6) has been clinically proven to be effective in inhibiting bacteria, improving respiratory tract, and promoting gastrointestinal health. It is also the common essential oil for insect repellent.
Monomers are another important type for feed additives. The common products in the market include
1. Chlorogenic acid (CAS 327-97-9) and Eucommiaulmoides Oliv Polysaccharides (EOP) extracted from Eucommia ulmoides Oliver.
2. Glycyrrhizic acid (CAS 1405-86-3), Liquiritin (CAS 551-155) and Luteolin (CAS 491-70-3) extracted from Taraxacum.
3. Pinene (CAS 80-56-8), Longifolene (CAS 475-20-7) extracted from Pinus massoniana.
4. Terpinene (CAS 99-86-5), Terpinen-4-ol (CAS 562-74-3) extracted from Thymus mongolicus Ronn.
Comparing with EOs, the monomers show an explicit application direction.
For more information, please visit the solution centre
Download the product list